Serco is one of the largest outsourced service providers in the world. Though we might not know the Serco name so well, we’re very familiar with some of the vast operations they run; from the ‘Boris bikes’ in London, to the Dubai Metro, to the kilometre long Ghan train in Australia.
To give you an idea of the scale of the organisation. Serco
- Operates traffic management systems covering over 17,500 kms
- Manages 192,000 miles of airspace
- Employs over 100,000 people worldwide including 5000 scientists
- Has a turnover of around £5 Billion
As you can imagine, Serco’s work requires a vast number of digital assets. They approached Asset Bank in 2013 to provide them with a new brand hub which would deliver on three key objectives:
- Drive efficiency in the organisation by encouraging employees and external suppliers to use available assets
- Improve effectiveness of communications and develop best practices
- Significantly reduce the number of email and phone requests made to the communications team
As befits a major global enterprise like Serco, we supplied them with our Enterprise Unlimited Digital Asset Management system. This solution is available for unlimited users, comes with an additional staging instance licence and includes all our Standard and Enterprise features. Enterprise features of note include:
- LDAP integration with your server so you can create single-sign in
- Organisational units to create different group admins
- Multilingual versions
- REST API to allow other systems to search and retrieve assets
- Different groups of meta data fields for asset types
- CMS integration so you can quickly find and upload media
Six months on and Brand Marketing and Communications manager Ben Giles is happy with the results.
"It’s a fantastic tool, making my life a lot easier, which is exactly what I wanted!"Ben Giles, Communications manager
Watch this short interview with Ben filmed at our recent Asset Bank Get-together.